Due to concerns about the Delta variant of Covid-19 and its’ rapid surge, the board has made a decision to cancel the first six weeks of planned meetings.
The OCLI Board met Monday, August 30, and agreed to these precepts:
- Fall term will be delayed at least until October 19.
- The programs originally scheduled for September 7 through October 12 will be rescheduled, if possible, during Winter Term after the first of the year.
- The board will meet again September 27 to decide whether to proceed with the second half of Fall Term.
- Everyone will be required to show proof of full vaccination for entry. Those unable to be fully vaccinated must have a proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test, taken no more than 72 hours prior to the date of the program.
- Everyone must be masked and practice social distancing at all times.
Thank you for your flexibility and resilience in the endeavors to preserve our members’ health.
New Location and Hours!
When we resume our meetings, they will be at the Chapel by the Sea church building, 2125 SE Lee Avenue, Lincoln City, OR. (Turn east off Hwy 101 at the Hilltop Restaurant, then right on SE Lee. The church is on the right at the end of SE Lee.)
The Oregon Coast Learning Institute (OCLI) is an organization of retired and semi-retired people who desire to continue their education in an atmosphere of shared learning. OCLI is designed to stimulate intellectual interests, thereby enhancing the mental and social dimensions of retirement life.
Presenters are members or guests who have expertise or a special interest in a particular subject. Informative presentations are chosen from any number of topics including – history, music, natural science, art, economics, life experiences and more.
Members have the opportunity of expanding their areas of interest by in-depth research and sharing their insights with the group. This provides a stimulating experience for both the presenter and the audience.
OCLI meets for lecture/discussions once a week on Tuesdays starting the first week in September and lasting for 12 weeks. Then after the holidays the group meets for an additional 12 weeks until April. Coffee will be ready at 9:00 am. The first session begins is 9:30-10:50 am followed by a 20 minute break. The second session is 11:10-2:30. Members are not required to attend every session. Each program is an independent presentation.
All sessions are held at Chapel by the Sea, 2125 SE Lee, Lincoln City, Oregon.
OCLI was organized in the summer of 2003 and modeled after the Institute for Continued Learning (ICL) at Willamette University in Salem, Oregon.
OCLI is an independent, self-supporting organization led by an elected board of directors consisting of a president, treasurer, secretary, membership chairman, curriculum chairman, and support committee chairman and the ex-offico president.
Membership dues are collected annually and are currently $90.00 per person.